Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Intern Diaries: Internal Mentoring

The Intern Diaries: Internal Mentoring

Over the weekend I was browsing the web and discovered an old article about the importance of having a mentor, The New Rules of Mentoring.

After reading the article, I realized how very grateful I am to have wonderful mentors. In fact I would say that I’m truly blessed to be able to work with two of them, Ryan Duncan and Tamara Braunstein. It has been a little over a month since I started interning at McKinney, but having them both take me under their wings and push me to be great says not only that they care about my work, but also about my wellbeing.

I think it is extremely important to have a mentor in your workplace. My mentors have become the people I go to for advice and help when I don’t understand or know how to do something.

The truth of the matter is; you’re never too old to learn from someone else regardless of your age or professional title. Having a mentor can benefit you in the long run because once upon a time they too were in your shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment